So who are the players who could be of interest to the Atlanta Braves with the idea of multiple years of help?
The following six players are probably the six biggest names who could be moved that help the Braves with that notion.
- Mitch Haniger– Despite the good play from the Mariners, they surprisingly seem willing to listen to offers for their star outfielder who has returned to his all star ways in 2021. He’d fit in nicely in the Braves lineup.
- Anthony Santander– A lower cost alternative could be someone like Santander who is having a down year in 2021, but then again he has been injured multiple times so far this season.
- Ketel Marte– It is pretty obvious that the Diamondbacks are going nowhere fast, and the Braves could easily find a spot for the versatile fielder who can also hit the ball as consistent as anyone in the game.
- Joey Gallo– We’ve covered this one here on the site already, but quite simply, his power would be a beautiful thing inserted into this Atlanta Braves lineup.
- Whit Merrifield– Not only did the Braves lose the best young player in baseball, but they lost the team’s leadoff man as well. Adding Merrifield would solve that problem as he can steal bases and flat out hit well.
- Trey Mancini– The Orioles could try to move the best comeback story in all of baseball. Many teams would be interested and I am sure the Braves would be one of those teams.
I do believe it is important to take note that none of this solves any of the bullpen issues that have plagued the Atlanta Braves since day one. They will obviously have to address that issue one way or another before the deadline passes as well.
So again, the Atlanta Braves can’t single handedly replace what they lost in Acuna but all hope is not lost. They have the potential to go out and acquire good players and compete still. Let us know in the comment section below who you would like to see the team go after.