Atlanta Braves Morning Chop – Latest Roster Rumblings
1 of 2
More from Tomahawk Take
- Braves News: Dansby goes to the Cubs, prospect rankings, more
- The Paradox of Dansby Swanson
- Report: Dansby Swanson to sign seven year deal with Chicago Cubs
- Braves News: Braves add multiple new players, Max Fried extension?, more
- Ronald Acuña Jr Donates Venezuelan League Salary to Charity
Jose Briceno was one of the catchers obtained from Colorado (Chris O’Dowd -pictured above – being the other) in the trade that sent David Hale and Gus Schlosser to the Rockies.
Not much to make of this move: with three games left in the Spring schedule, he is likely here to get a taste of the big league experience, plus to give Christian Bethancourt and A.J. Pierzynski an extra day off… mainly Bethancourt since he’s recently down a couple of wisdom teeth.
Other news bits:
- According to the official roster page, newly acquired reliever Andrew McKirahan has been added to the 40-man list. This was a requirement of the waiver claim that brought him to the Braves. That makes 38 names on the list – more on that in a bit.
- Julio Teheran got hammered yesterday in his start vs. the Phillies. 4 innings, 8 hits (4 homers), and 7 earned runs. In his video interview captured by David O’Brien, he didn’t offer any excuses, and professed that he felt good – no physical issues.
- Braves now have 3 more Spring games: all against the Orioles in an oddball home-away-home scheduling quirk, starting tonight at Disney.
- In a bit of strangeness, the AJC’s Jeff Schultz suggests that poor expectations for this 2015 Braves club might help Fredi Gonzalez retain his job after this season. Watch:
Roster News – NEXT page…