FanSided Network Charity Drive
By Editorial Staff
As one of the newest members of the FanSided family, I’ve been asked to pass along to everyone here at Tomahawk Take some great news about a great charity effort this holiday season. The FanSided network has partnered up with Site5 (our dynamite web hosting company partner) on a seasonal charity drive to raise money for a great cause — the Boys and Girls Club of America. What better cause could there be to support than a non-profit organization dedicated to helping children, especially one that focuses on sports as a way of reaching those kids?
This Holiday season, we here at the FanSided family are thankful for our growing network, our great hosting company (Site5) and, most of all, how fortunate we are. That’s why our family is giving back and asking you and your family to help us do so. Our goal is $5,000, and every bit helps — even a donation of $5 or $10.
To donate to the FanSided and Site5 Holiday Season Charity Drive and help us help the BGCA help our children, visit this link.
If there’s one organization that you can support this year, I’d ask that you consider making it the Boys and Girls Club of America. You may know that it is an official charity of Major League Baseball. It’s also consistently ranked by Forbes, SmartMoney, Newsweek and U.S. News & World Report among the top charitable organizations in America based on cost-effective use of donor dollars.
I thought I’d start you along the way towards earning my thanks for your support of this great cause. So, as we wrap us this Thanksgiving weekend, here are a few things that I’m thankful for as a Braves fan:
- Not being a part of any “evil empire”, be it real or imagined
- Getting to see Chipper continue his career
- Having corporate owners who, while not resembling Ted Turner, have also not stripped the club bare
- Getting to watch every Braves game I’m not attending live via MLB.TV, now in glorious high-def
- Being married to a wonderful woman that doesn’t complain (OK, doesn’t complain too much!) about said viewing habits
- Being selected as lead writer on this site
- Wonderful friends, family, and co-workers, many of which actually endorse my Braves obsession
- Having a real job that allows me to also have the time for this one
I could go on and on, but you get the point. We’re very lucky. Please pass on a little luck to others through this opportunity. Thank you!