An early look at which free agents Atlanta Braves could target
4 of 4
Smaller names, but real possibilities
More from Tomahawk Take
- Report: Dansby Swanson to sign seven year deal with Chicago Cubs
- Braves News: Braves add multiple new players, Max Fried extension?, more
- Ronald Acuña Jr Donates Venezuelan League Salary to Charity
- Atlanta Braves 2023 Preseason Top 30 Prospects List: 21-25
- Braves News: Braves Acquire Hoy Park
The following list of players I could see the Braves entertaining offers to who won’t move the needle as much as the names mentioned above, but players that could obviously still play an important role in going for the team’s third straight division title.
- Robinson Chirinos– Obviously the Braves are going to be looking for a catcher this Winter, Chirinos may be the best option if Grandal is retained by the Brewers
- Brock Holt– Is it ever a bad thing to have a player who can play any position on the field and give any player a day off?
- Corey Dickerson– It doesn’t really matter who they decide upon to be the teams starting outfielders, the Braves could stand to reason to have an upgrade over Rafael Ortega
- Howie Kendrick– Fresh off his NLCS MVP award, Kendrick may be playing himself into a starting role next year, something the Braves couldn’t promise him.
- Asdrubal Cabrera– Much of the same with Kendrick applies here as well. Will another team promise Cabrera a starting spot, or will he have to settle for spot starts?
- Adam Jones– The only way I could see this working out is if the Braves wanted a righty to have the same spot as Nick Markakis has served.
- Wade Miley– Miley was terrific throughout the summer for the Astros before falling apart in September. What team will believe he was just gassed?
- Alex Wood– Perhaps the Braves would like to bring back a familiar face to the organization. Maybe they will try their best to make us forget that awful trade ever happened.
- Cody Allen– One can’t deny that Cody Allen has had a rough last couple of seasons, but before that, he was one of the better relievers in the game. Maybe some team still thinks they can bring that guy back?
- Tyler Clippard– Clippard has long produced for a number of teams in the major league’s. Maybe the Braves would like to be the next team?
That is our list of who the Atlanta Braves could decide to make a run after this upcoming free agency season.
Who of all these players would you like us to really try for, and also who would you like us to stay away from at all costs? Let us know in the comment section below.